Re-posted from Volunteer Manitoba:
In partnership with RBC Future Launch, and with the support of Canada Life and the Winnipeg Foundation, Volunteer Manitoba is inviting groups of youth ages 18 – 29 to apply to become Community Youth Innovators!
As part of this program, Community Youth Innovators will build their skills, have the opportunity for experiential learning and be able to grow their network – all while addressing a specific community need. The program consists of professional development, mentorship and community projects that benefit Manitoba communities.
We believe that if we engage youth effectively, we can keep Manitoba’s voluntary sector strong and encourage young people to play a vital role in building healthy and resilient communities across the province.
About the Program
The Community Youth Innovators Program is designed to engage diverse and passionate groups of youth from across Manitoba, and support their efforts to make a difference in their communities.
The program consists of 3 phases:
1. Learn! The program will create opportunities to learn new skills in leadership, volunteer management, program planning, and budgeting.
2. Create your own Project! Volunteer Manitoba, along with organization mentors, will provide support and guidance as the groups implement their community projects.
3. Reflect! Evaluation tools will help the groups reflect and review their projects to help maximize efficiency and measure effectiveness.
Projects will be given a budget of $2500 to $5000 (to be determined based on the scope of the project).
The deadline to apply for the program is January 31, 2022.
For more information, please visit: https://www.volunteermanitoba.ca/youth-innovators
Are You Connected to Youth Who Want to Make an Impact? Invite them to apply for the VM Community Youth Innovators Program!
The Community Youth Innovators program gives participants the tools they need to implement a community project, in partnership with a local organization doing the same type of work. If your organization is already connected to a group of youths (18 to 29), encourage them to apply to this program! You can also identify youth you currently work with, or serve, and bring them together to create a project. You can suggest project ideas to help inspire them, and you can help with the application process. The project must be brand-new and/or an expansion of an already existing idea conceptualized by the group of youth to address a community issue or need. All applicants must partner with a local organization to help them execute their projects organization, so your organization would need to commit to mentoring the group as they execute their projects. Approved applications are eligible for $2,500 to $5,000 in support, depending on the scope of the project. “Every year, thousands of citizens across the province strengthen their communities by being involved,” says Jackie Hunt, Executive Director of Volunteer Manitoba. “We are thrilled to be able to provide this kind of unique programming to Manitoba’s young generation, and to partner with such great supporters to showcase and celebrate the incredible strength of our communities, and the people that make them vibrant and strong.”
- Must be a group (between 3 and 6 people).
- – All members of the group must be between 18 & 29 years old at the time of application.
- – Must be a Manitoba resident. – Must identify a community issue to address.
- – Must identify a community organization or group to work with on this project.
- – Must be ready to commit to the entire duration of the project.
- – Must commit to reporting on their progress to Volunteer Manitoba on a regular basis. The deadline to apply
What is the time commitment for being an organization mentor?
The mentor will need to be available during the project timeline, from April to August, 2022. The time commitment is approximately 5 to 10 hours a month, depending on the needs of the group. Mentors are there to provide advice and to distribute the funding from Volunteer Manitoba.
Who can I contact if I have any further questions?
Gloria Dovoh, Community Relations Coordinator
P: 204.477.5180 ext 6